The last wishes of Alexander the Great………
On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them
his three ultimate wishes:
- The best doctors should carry his coffin…
- The wealth he has accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should
be scattered along the procession to the cemetery…
- His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for
all to see !!
One of his generals who was surprised by these unusual requests asked
Alexander to explain.
Here is what Alexander the Great had to say:
- “I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in
the face of death, even the best doctors in the world have no power to
- “I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody
sees that material wealth acquired on earth, will stay on earth…”
- I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand
that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty
handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that
We do not take to our grave any material wealth. TIME is our most
precious treasure because it is LIMITED. We can produce more wealth,
but we cannot produce more time.
When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life
that we will never take back . Our time is our life !
The best present that you can give to your family and friends is your TIME.
May God grant you plenty of TIME, to share with all.
Visit me and sign up for my newsletter and receive a free booklet at Cherokee Billie.com