This past year Doreen Virtue has announced that she has become a Christian. This is been a big shock to many of her followers.
Many people are taking it as a real negative and saying that her previous work has no value. I’ve also heard people say they should get their money back on her cards, books, and certifications. I can understand them feeling betrayed.
Everyone has a right to follow their path and I’m sure that Doreen is doing what she is being led to do. I would not take it as a negative rather as advancement in her spiritual work.
- Everyone is entitled to follow their path, including changes to that path, so long as their beliefs do not encourage them to hurt anyone else.
2. Doreen Virtue is no exception.
3. When someone has been a best-selling author of books and cards etc, it does make it more complicated. People have invested millions into your teachings and will feel abandoned, so there will be a backlash.
4. People who have invested millions in becoming certified teachers of your module will feel cheated.
5. I feel that people should not get money back for books and cards as those things are still relevant to them, their paths have just diverged at this point, but the products still have the same value they would have had, if say the person had died.
6. People who have been certified by her might see it two ways. What they learned is still valid to them, but they might lose clients and be quite badly hit financially. Doreen is a brand name, and that brand may have been diluted, although she still seems to believe in angels.
7. The cynic in me would say, that is convenient marketing situation. Doreen has always been the absolute best at marketing strategies. She has certainly got herself talked about – hasn’t she? And how many will now buy her new book just to see what this new path is exactly? And can you be a Christian and still believe in divination by angels? On the other hand it may be how she genuinely feels.
8. I am concerned by the possible ‘cult’ association in all this. We probably all know someone who has been ‘born again’, only to change their minds after a few years. Time, will tell which this is.
9. Everyone can believe or not, in Jesus. They can believe he was the Jew, as portrayed in the Bible. They can believe he was a Buddhist, or the similar figure that is in almost all religions, or a mystic, not religious at all. He doesn’t mind.
10. Jesus has always been considered by me, first and foremost as my friend. He always was and always will be.
I think the most important thing here is to not judge. As Jesus said, “Judge not, lest you be judged. For with what judgement you judge the same shall you be judged.” I myself have been judged by people who do not know me and can understand what she is going through.
I have looked at her current website and she still is connecting with the angels and giving positive messages as she always did. The only difference is now she has added in Jesus cards and has written books based on Jesus. It may get a few people excited about Jesus and the Bible. I do not see anything wrong with that.
Anything that is being sent out into the world that is positive and loving is needed. Doreen certainly does do that on a regular basis.
“I cannot think that we are useless or God would not have created us. There is one God looking down on us all. We are all the children of one God. The sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.” Geronimo
I hope this little message of mine helps those that have followed Doreen for many years and have felt let down.
Sending lots of love and light,