What is narcissism, exactly? Have you ever been in a toxic relationship and not understood what was going on. More than likely you were in a narcissistic relationship. These controlling relationships destroy yourself esteem and gives control to the other person. In this video I help you understand what narcissism is and what to do to get out of it. Find out in my latest video.
In today’s world, the term “narcissistic” has come to mean little more than vain. But narcissism is far more complex than that. It exists in many shades along a continuum from extra-healthy ego to pathological grandiosity.
I know this quite well from having been married to a narcissist. This was close to 40 years ago and no one knew about narcissism at that time. When I wrote my book, Heavenly Seduction, thirteen years ago this really wasn’t as well known, but I knew what I had been through was not normal. In my book I detail what I went through with psychological and emotional abuse. How I left the situation and how I learned to recover. Click Here To Learn More
If you’re dating someone who exhibits signs of narcissism that might be a major red flag for your relationship. Here are some signs you should look for:
- They don’t care about your feelings, thoughts or ideas.
- They are into themselves more than they are into you?
- Everything is always all about them.
- They don’t live by anyone else’s rules.
- They do not want to hear about your issues.
- When you argue, it’s always your fault.
- If they are angry, it’s also your fault.
- “You made me mad. I’m only mad because you ____!”
In my video you will learn about the “Top 10 Warning Signs You’re Being Controlled.”
Please feel free to leave comments about a relationship you feel you have been in that was narcissistic.